2 DAYS-1 NIGHT BIKE TOUR OF THE EBRO RIVER
One of the essential points of interest of the Tierras del Ebro region is the Via Verda (Green Ways). Following the path of a disused railway line running from north to south, it will allow you to discover the landscape and the different villages on a bike. Discover the beautiful mountains of the region finishing at the mouth of the Ebro River.
Saturday and Sunday
The Via Verda (Green Way) runs along the old Zafan Valley railway line that united Aragon with the Mediterranean Sea and was in operation for 31 years. It was permanently closed on September, 17th, 1973. The first leg of our route starts in Horta the Sant Joan and finishes in Tortosa (44Km), where you will pass through impressive natural areas. You will stay the night in Tortosa in a 3 Star hotel. The following day, a shorter route (35Km) will take you to the mouth of the river Ebro, where you can admire the flora and fauna of the biggest river in Spain.
- We will pick up at your accommodation in Sitges at 8 am. During the journey we will brief you about the 2 days ahead.
- A 2 hour drive to the start of our tour, the town of Horta de Sant Joan. One of the most charming villages in the Terra Alta, this is where Picasso spent long periods and is said to have discovered Cubism.
- Then a beautiful 44 kilometre bike ride to the village of Tortosa, where you should arive at around 5/6 pm. Your hotel is just in the city center.
- The evening is yours to relax in the swimming pool and discover the town of Tortosa.
- After breakfast, the last section of the route starts just a few metres from the hotel.
- The 36 Km ride follows the course of the river and will take you to the town of Deltebre, where you can rest and enjoy a drink by the river.
- The final 10km to the mouth of the river passes through rice fields where a wide variety of bird life, including flamingos, can be seen.
- Lunch and tranfer to Sitges. Approx arrival time 7pm