MULTI-DAY EBRO RIVER BIKE TOUR
The Ebro River Bike Tour follows the biggest river in Spain, from the hills to the sea. One of the essential points of interest of the Tierras del Ebro region is the Via Verda (Green Ways). Following the path of a disused railway line running from north to south, it will allow you to discover the landscape and the different villages on a bike. Discover the beautiful mountains of the region finishing at the mouth of the Ebro River.
Our Ebro River bike tour is designed for the whole family.
Contact us to know more!
DURATION: 2, 3, or 4 days. (Contact us for more info)
PRICE: Self-Guided €180, guided €220 for a 2-day trip. Get in touch for more days.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, and Catalan.
CYCLING: Around 70km for the 2-day trip.
PICKUPS: You will be picked up from your hotel or apartment.
Do you know you could do this tour if you are staying in Barcelona?
The Via Verda (Green Way) runs along the old Zafan Valley railway line that united Aragon with the Mediterranean Sea and was in operation for 31 years. It was permanently closed on September, 17th, 1973.
The first leg of our route starts in Horta the Sant Joan and finishes in Tortosa (44Km), where you will pass through impressive natural areas. You will stay the night in Tortosa in a 3 Star hotel. The following day, a shorter route (35Km) will take you to the mouth of the river Ebro, where you can admire the flora and fauna of the biggest river in Spain.
You could stay more days at the Mouth of the River Ebro, where the cycling routes are beautiful. Please get in touch, so we can arrange the perfect cycling holidays for you. Please check our Girona cycling tour for other fantastic holidays!
1. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sitges at 8 am. During the journey, we will brief you about the 2 days ahead.
2. A 2-hour drive to the start of our tour, the town of Horta de Sant Joan. One of the most charming villages in the Terra Alta, this is where Picasso spent long periods and is said to have discovered Cubism.
3. Then a beautiful 44-kilometer bike ride to the village of Tortosa, where you should arrive at around 5/6 pm. Your hotel is just in the city center.
4. The evening is yours to relax and discover the town of Tortosa.
1. After breakfast, the last section of the route starts just a few meters from the hotel.
2. The 36 Km ride follows the course of the river and will take you to the town of Deltebre, where you can rest and enjoy a drink by the river.
3. The final 10km of our Ebro river bike tour to the mouth of the river passes through rice fields where a wide variety of birdlife, including flamingos, can be seen.
4. Lunch and transfer to Sitges. Approx arrival time at 7 pm
Come and join us on our Ebro River Bike Tour!
You will be picked up from your hotel or apartment in Sitges or nearby areas.
We will take you back to your hotel, apartment, or any other place like the airport, Barcelona, etc.
THINGS TO BRING
You should wear comfortable and closed shoes to ride the bike. At some times of the year could be really hot so we advise you to take a hat and suncream.
– Bed & Breakfast for the night in a 3-star hotel
– Transfer from Sitges or nearby areas.
– Drop off at the end of the weekend.
– An information pack, maps, recommended restaurants.
– Maps, Locks, Helmets, Panniers
– Lunch and Dinner on day one.
– Lunch on day two.
– Any other snacks or purchases.
All the prices are based on double occupancy. For groups and/or families please send us a message.
Please Note: We endeavor to book your first choice of hotels, however occasionally we offer you an alternative hotel of the same or better standard.
See our terms and conditions:https://easycyclingsitges.com/terms-conditions/
JOIN US TODAY!
This tour departs from Sitges or Barcelona.
Are you staying in Barcelona, Salou, Cambrils or any other town near Sitges? Don´t worry, we will pick you up from your accommodation!