PAELLA MASTER CLASS AND CYCLING TOUR IN SITGES.
Have you ever wondered how to make a real Spanish paella?! We offer you a lovely ride along the Catalan vineyards, a wee tour of an ancient winery, and a paella master class.
You will be able to choose between 4 different types of paella:
– Seafood paella: The best known in the world. Prawns, calamari, squid and fish. This one is a classic in every Spanish household!
– Meat paella: A mix of different meats are added to the rice along with the spices and lots of love.
– Vegetarian paella: For veggies lovers, seasonal mix vegetables and a strong vegetable broth to give the rice the best taste.
– Black paella: This type of paella is more unknown to travelers. Made with rice with squid and its ink. It is served with a garlic sauce made of egg, oil, salt, and garlic. You cannot resist it!
DURATION: Around 5 hours.
PRICE: Adults €82, Kids €59, Under 5s go FREE
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, and Catalan
CYCLING: Around 15km. But don’t worry it’s all downhill or on the flat.
PAELLA: We will learn how to make proper Spanish paella.
PICKUPS: Pickups start at 9 am we will take you back at around 2 pm.
Learn to cook and eat a proper traditional paella.
Taste some delicious wines and cavas.
Around 15 km of easy and relaxing cycling.
Take home the recipe so you can make it to your loved ones.
Learn secret tips to improve your paella.
Get a free glass of wine or cava.
Get picked up and dropped off at your hotel for no extra cost.
Hand on to make the most famous dish from Spain! Learn how to make your own paella and bring back home the taste of Spain. After a small ride around the lovely vineyards of the Alt-Penedes and a tour of an ancient winery, you will be given a class on how to make the chosen paella. A fun and delicious experience, it combines tasty and fresh Paella, a bit of cycling and lots of fun!
1. Pick up at your accommodation or a designated place in Sitges at 9 am.
2. A 20 min drive to the town of Vilafranca del Penedes where you’ll be fitted with a safety helmet, receive a detailed safety talk, and be allocated a bike.
3. Then a bike ride of about 15 kilometers around the vineyards, stopping on the way to ensure your comfort and to have a drink.
4. After the ride we will go to CAVES ROMAGOSA TORNE and learn about the process of wine and cava making.
5. Then is time to start getting ready to look at the ingredients of the paella we are about to make. And the Paella Master Class will start!
6. Eat the paella and relax for a bit.
7. To finish, we drive you back to your accommodation in Sitges arriving at about 2 pm.
Pickups start at 8:45. We will pick you up from your hotel or a designated place in Sitges. Some hotels are in pedestrianized streets and we can’t get to them. At the end of the tour, we will drop you back at your hotel at around 2 pm – Then we have 20 min drive to get to the start point of the tour. During the way, our guide will culture you with stories about the area and a briefing of the day ahead.
THINGS TO BRING
You should wear comfortable and closed shoes to ride the bike. At some times of the year could be really hot so we advise you to take a hat and suncream. If you would like to purchase some local wine, cava or snacks bring some money with you.
The price for Cycling for Paella excursion includes the bike ride, transport, bicycle, safety helmet, and pick-up/drop-off from Sitges.
All the ingredients to make the paella and a glass of wine or cava. You will be able to purchase more drinks if you would like. The Paella Master Class is all hands-on food!
A kiss from the chef.
See our terms and conditions:https://easycyclingsitges.com/terms-conditions/
We were keen to try the wine from the Penedes region but being keen cyclists the Easy cycling Sitges tour allowed us to get the best of both worlds. We... read more
I enjoyed every bit of this bike guided tour: the landscape, the bike ride, the visit to the wine cellar... having Alex as our personal tour guide was great. It... read more
Alex picked us up in the hotel in the agreed time. Then we went with his van up to Penedes area (about 25-30min ride). During that time he explained what... read more