MULTI-DAY CYCLING TOUR FROM THE MOUNTAINS TO THE SEA IN GIRONA.
The Girona Green Way Tour follows the old Carrilet route that went from Olot to Girona, and then from Girona to Sant Feliu de Guixols. In the 1960s, the old Railroad stopped working due to its poor condition and difficult maintenance after the Civil War. The road was abandoned until the 1980s when it was decided to re-open it to create a greenway for cyclists.
Come and join us on our Girona Green Way Tour.
For experienced cyclists, the route could be done in 2 days. But to really appreciate the beautiful scenery is recommended to do it in 3 or 4 days. We can arrange the perfect cycling holidays and book the best hotels and restaurants in the area. Please get in touch to discuss the best option for your group.
DURATION: 2, 3, or 4 days.
PRICE: Self-Guided €180, guided €220 for a 2-day trip. Get in touch for more days.
LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, and Catalan.
CYCLING: Around 90km for the 2-day trip.
PICKUPS: You will be picked up from your hotel or apartment.
The Carrilet Route crosses places of great scenic, ecological and cultural importance. It begins in the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone and, always following the route of the old narrow-gauge train, reaches the Ter valley and Girona.
The route progresses in a gentle slope from its starting point, Olot (440 m), to its arrival point, Girona (70 m), and has its highest point at the En Bas pass, 558 meters above sea level.
The first leg of our, Girona Green Way Tour route, starts in Olot and finishes in Girona (44Km), where you will pass through impressive natural areas. You will stay the night in Girona in a 3 Star hotel. The following day, a shorter route (39 Km) will take you to Sant Feliu the Guixols in the Costa Brava.
The cycling routes in Girona are amazing and there are lots of them. Please get in touch, so we can arrange the perfect cycling holidays for you.
1. We will pick you up at your accommodation in Sitges at 8 am. During the journey, we will brief you about the 2 days ahead.
2. A 2-hour drive to the start of our tour, the town of Olot. The city is known for its natural landscape, including four volcanoes scattered around the city center. The municipality is part of the Garrotxa Volcanic Zone Natural Park.
3. Then a beautiful 57-kilometer bike ride to Girona, where you should arrive at around 5/6 pm. Your hotel is just right in the city center.
4. The evening is yours to relax and discover the city of Girona.
1. After breakfast, the last section of the Girona Green Way Tour, starts just a few meters from the hotel.
2. The 39 Km ride crosses the Selva depression, characterized by a patchwork mosaic formed by alternating croplands and forests.
3. The second half of the section runs gently down to the seaside town of Sant Feliu de Guíxols, the birthplace of the Costa Brava place name, which offers breathtaking seascapes and views of the surrounding countryside.
4. Lunch and transfer to Sitges. Approx arrival time at 7 pm
You will be picked up from your hotel or apartment in Sitges or nearby areas.
We will take you back to your hotel, apartment or any other place like the airport, Barcelona, Girona, etc.
THINGS TO BRING
You should wear comfortable and closed shoes to ride the bike. At some times of the year could be really hot so we advise you to take a hat and suncream.
– Bed & Breakfast for the night in a 3-star hotel
– Transfer from Sitges or nearby areas.
– Drop off at the end of the weekend.
– An information pack, maps, recommended restaurants.
– Maps, Locks, Helmets, Panniers
– Lunch and Dinner on day one.
– Lunch on day two.
– Any other snacks or purchases.
All the prices are based on double occupancy. For groups and/or families please send us a message.
Please Note: We endeavor to book your first choice of hotels, however occasionally we offer you an alternative hotel of the same or better standard.
See our terms and conditions:https://easycyclingsitges.com/terms-conditions/
JOIN US TODAY!
This tour departs from Sitges or Barcelona.
Are you staying in Barcelona, Salou, Cambrils or any other town near Sitges? Don´t worry, we will pick you up from your accommodation!